Monday, August 26, 2013

Sims Camp Day 1

After a frantic day of packing, I eventually made my way to Newark International Airport, where I boarded my flight to Frankfurt.



I slept most of the flight and arrived on Monday morning. Here's a selfie in the Frankfurt train station before my trip to Cologne.


Once I arrived in Cologne, I met up with three other campers, and we boarded a shuttle to the hotel. When I got to the hotel, I was given a bag with more treats! Three T-shirts, a bag of chocolates, a thumb drive shaped like a plumbob, a key chain, nametag, and a balloon.

Even the bathroom mirror was decorated with stickers!

That afternoon, I met up with a few other campers, and we explored the city a bit ending up at a cafe getting to know each other better.
Photo by Asia ShaMecca

I hardly noticed the jet lag as I was so excited to meet my fellow campers. As more and more people arrived, a larger group of us met for dinner at a local German pub.

We talked and laughed for hours. Back at the hotel, we met up with more of the campers who had arrived in the hotel lounge. Then, it was off to bed for a big day in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment